Jeneva Rose | THE PERFECT MARRIAGE



 Plot (via Goodreads):

Sarah Morgan is a successful and powerful defense attorney in Washington D.C. As a named partner at her firm, life is going exactly how she planned. The same cannot be said for her husband, Adam. He's a struggling writer who has had little success in his career and he tires of his and Sarah’s relationship as she is constantly working. Out in the secluded woods, at the couple’s lakehouse, Adam engages in a passionate affair with Kelly Summers. But one morning everything changes. Kelly is found brutally stabbed to death and now, Sarah must take on her hardest case yet, defending her own husband, a man accused of murdering his mistress. The Perfect Marriage is a juicy, twisty, and utterly addictive thriller that will keep you reading all night long. 

Review:

WOW! What a stunning and immersive thriller. The Perfect Marriage was so captivating and intricate with small and big reveals popping up everywhere. I absolutely loved it. Sarah and Adam were so enjoyable to read and Rose did a phenomenal job of weaving in a whodunnit with a domestic suspense about a marriage. I loved that this one had a third person outside of their marriage as the victim because it wasn't your typical story about a wife being missing and/or murdered or vice versa with the husband. The combination of wondering what really happened to Kelly that night and the journey that you go on with Sarah and Adam as this effects everything in their lives was so addictive; this one is so hard to put down. 

There were a lot of characters in this one and trust me when I say absolutely none of them went to waste. Everyone was either connected to some important aspect of the plot or played a big role for not only the characters but the reader as well. I was on high alert with basically everyone in this story and I had so many theories that were debunked or just immediately shut down. I had no clue where this was going to go, the only thing I knew is that I did not and could not stop until I got the answers to all of my questions.

Jeneva Rose is an immediate go-to author for me. The way this story was wrapped up was jaw-dropping and fantastic. Her characters and the plot reminded me a bit of Gillian Flynn and yet it's all Jeneva Rose. Her personality and her wit ooze out of her writing and not only is she funny and brilliant, but she's the ultimate cool girl that will keep you in your position as an armchair detective for this entire story.

Rating: 5/5 

Comments

Popular Posts