Karin Slaughter | BLINDSIGHTED



Plot (via Goodreads):

A small Georgia town erupts in panic when a young college professor is found brutally mutilated in the local diner. But it's only when town pediatrician and coroner Sara Linton does the autopsy that the full extent of the killer's twisted work becomes clear. Sara's ex-husband, police chief Jeffrey Tolliver, leads the investigation -- a trail of terror that grows increasingly macabre when another local woman is found crucified a few days later. But he's got more than a sadistic serial killer on his hands, for the county's sole female detective, Lena Adams -- the first victim's sister -- wants to serve her own justice. But it is Sara who holds the key to finding the killer. A secret from her past could unmask the brilliantly malevolent psychopath .. or mean her death.

Review:

After reading Pretty Girls and from the recommendation from one of my best book friends (and a serious friend in real life), I ordered the first six books in the Grant County series by Karin Slaughter at lightning speed. While Spring and Summer are my busiest times with the blog, I couldn't help but sacrifice sleep and spent every waking moment rearranging my schedule for as much Slaughter reading time as possible. Being that these novels have been out for a while and I just binge-read the entire series, I'm going to keep my reviews short and sweet.

Blindsighted was such a dark and gritty and shocking opening to this series. I love how there is literally no rhyme or reason, no hints, and no warning as to how insane a Karin Slaughter book can get so early on in a novel. Her writing style and storytelling capabilities literally shock me every single time I read a book by her and this novel is a prime example of why she is my favorite author. Slaughter wastes no time getting into the thick of this story and also making me fall head over heels in love with Grant County and this new cast of wonderfully written characters. The dynamic between Sara and Jeffrey, then Jeffrey and Lena, as well as the occasional Sara and Lena. I just loved this town and even though the big murder was really hard to read about and the details made me a little uncomfortable, I always respect Karin Slaughter for being brutally honest with the ugliness of the world and how sick some individuals can be.

In this world, no one is safe and nothing is off limits and that adds such a depth of excitement. A 500 page book was devoured within one work week and I was quick to pick up book number two as soon as I got through this one. The big reveal was satisfying and by the end of this, I was wondering how much Karin could possibly put these new characters that I loved so much through. Well, buckle up, because if you start this series, it's going to be one wild ride.

Rating: 5/5

Comments

Popular Posts