The Perfect Stranger/Love Letter to Megan Miranda

Hello!

So, I want to talk about Megan Miranda and how much of a genius I think she is for a moment or  two...or one hundred. I am convinced her writing is a combination if Peter Swanson and Gillian Flynn mixed with some Stephen King. Let that sit for a while.

When I began reading her first adult thriller, I was shocked. She did AMAZING. And to top it off, the story was told in a two week span...backwards! Backwards. Back...wards. I mean, that takes some serious planning and thought if you ask me. And yes, "All the Missing Girls" was just that...perfect. I loved loved loved that book. I cannot wait to read it again, I recommended it to my friends. I mean it was just so damn good. 

Cue to the following year and now Miranda's new novel, "The Perfect Stranger" is coming out. Not only was I EXTREMELY excited she had a new novel, but did you see the cover? I mean, I try not to judge a book by it's cover but holy moly. It's stunning, creepy, and just like envelops you into the story before you even open the first page. So you can imagine by excitement when I got a copy of the book from NetGalley. I mean, come on. I have the worst man-cold right now and can barely see and I still devoured it in a day and a half. You guys, it's good. And I mean REALLY good. So, please see my review below and don't forget to pre-order. You won't be disappointed.


Synopsis:

Leah Stevens is in desperate need of a fresh start. Once a star reporter, she's lost her job at a Boston paper and damaged her professional reputation beyond repair. But salvation arrives when she is unexpectedly reunited with her old roommate, Emmy Grey.
Leah and Emmy relocate to a small town with hopes of starting new chapters. But within a week, a woman who looks just like Leah is left for dead close by and Emmy goes inexplicably missing. As Leah searches for answers in the house they share, she begins to realize how little she knows about Emmy Grey. And when the local police are unable to find any trace of Emmy, they begin to question Leah's credibility--and her possible role in the crime. Leah knows there's only one way to clear her name: Find Emmy Grey. But what if Emmy Grey never existed at all?
Gripping and atmospheric, The Perfect Stranger defies expectation at every turn and confirms Megan Miranda's reputation as one of the most exciting new voices in psychological suspense.
My Review:
Where do I begin? So, Miranda completely blew my mind again. The minute this began, I was hooked. Like the type of hooked where if I didn't start this on a weekend, I probably would've called in sick to finish it, hooked. 
So because of Leah's past, this has some elements that are like confusing but are done exceptionally well and written out like a map of clues. There are a few different storylines in this one that all deal with the same characters and really connect flawlessly. There's Leah's past in Boston, the woman left for dead, Emmy going missing, and then also some STALKER type stuff. And when I say stalker, I mean STALKER. This element alone could've been it's own book because of how amazingly scary Miranda wrote the things connected to Leah's stalking. I actually had trouble sleeping the first night I read this because of how easily she made it seem. So good. So. Good.
The thing that I love about this one was how Miranda didn't just leave you hanging with anything. She really plans out her novels and writes in a really well-executed way. She introduces you to the plot and helps you get to know the characters the way that she wants you to. Throughout the book, there really was no dull moment. I love how she gives you things in small doses throughout and lets you piece it together like you're the detective. The last 20% of this book flew by so much that I couldn't believe it was over when I read the final line. 
The ending was very satisfactory and didn't leave me with any questions. I'm so happy I got to read this one and cannot wait to see what Miranda comes up with next. Bravo! 
Rating: 5/5.
Pre-Order:
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Stranger-Novel-Megan-Miranda/dp/1501107992/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1488747591&sr=8-3&keywords=megan+miranda
Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-perfect-stranger-megan-miranda/1124861848?ean=9781501107993
Special thank you to NetGalley for providing me with a copy of an advanced readers copy of this novel. Also, thank you to Megan Miranda for writing the type of novel that made me want to start this blog in the first place. 
Do you like Megan Miranda? Have you read "All the Missing Girls"? Will you be checking out her newest release?
-Gare 

Comments

Popular Posts