Mary Higgins Clark | A STRANGER IS WATCHING



Plot (via Goodreads):

Ronald Thompson knows he is not guilty of the murder for which he is about to be executed. There are only two days left to unmask the real villain - a terrifying psychopath who has killed before and has unfinished business with his victim's family.

Review:

This was my first Mary Higgins Clark book and it definitely won't be my last. Lately, I've noticed my trends of reading have been mass paperback copies for comfort reads and devouring any and all series that I can get my hands on. Well, A Stranger is Watching definitely did the trick when it came to fighting a hangover on Thanksgiving and keeping me upright and invested in this story.

This story definitely reminded me of some of the great 80s and 90s thriller movies that I used to love to watch growing up. There was so much going on and each page brought major purpose going into the story. MHG's writing was eloquent and flowed beautifully for such an eerie tale. I loved the backstory to this one and felt that all of the characters were effective and served a purpose, even the minor characters all brought something to the story. The way that I read this one, it was like solving a puzzle with each character bringing a few pieces to put together the bigger picture.

If you're looking for a fun read that is quick and not too violent, I would definitely recommend this one. Between the great backstory, the intense plot, and the characters that were so fun to read, I would definitely recommend this classic tale of suspense.

Rating: 4/5

Comments

Popular Posts