Karin Slaughter | A FAINT COLD FEAR



Plot (via Goodreads):

Sara Linton, medical examiner in the small town of Heartsdale, Georgia, is called out to an apparent suicide on the local college campus. The mutilated body provides little in the way of clues -- and the college authorities are eager to avoid a scandal -- but for Sara and police chief Jeffrey Tolliver, things don't add up.
Two more suspicious suicides follow, and a young woman is brutally attacked. For Sara, the violence strikes far too close to home. And as Jeffrey pursues the sadistic killer, he discovers that ex-police detective Lena Adams, now a security guard on campus, may be in possession of crucial information. But, bruised and angered by her expulsion from the force, Lena seems to be barely capable of protecting herself, let alone saving the next victim...

Review:

This novel is the third title in the Grant County series and for me, this was the official kick-off of the craziness that was to come with the rest of the series. This one starts off in typical Slaughter fashion with a brutal and insanely detailed death and quickly switches gears into yet another heartbreaking plot that not only weaves in a crime that our faithful trio of Grant County residents and their friends and family, but also kind of hits close to home for one character. Without spoiling anything, I found that once again, Karin Slaughter just crept right up on me and caught me off guard when I was laughing one minute and then gasping and devouring the pages with my heart in my throat. Not only was this another fantastically paced novel by my all-time favorite, but at this point I was so far down the rabbit hole of Grant County that there is by far no going back....and I'm ready for even more. 

Rating: 5/5

Comments

Popular Posts